1. Make sure the belts are installed properly and tight before turn the decanter centrifuge on.
2. Use hands to rotate the drum to make sure the drum can move freely before turn the decanter centrifuge on.
3. Before turn on the decanter centrifuge on, turn on the feeding pump first.
4. Monitor the feeding rate of the drilling mud according decanter centrifuge's owner manual. Decanter centrifuge's RPM rate is need to reach to operation rate before processing the drilling mud.
5. Any unusual noises happen during the operation, it need to stop the operation right away.
6. Do not feeding the mud more than operation capacity to avoid the choke block.
7. The weighted and high viscosity drilling fluid needs low feeding speed and high dilution rate.
8. To ensure that you can stir in the entrance of centrifuge and the barite slurry return to the mud tank.
Shut-down the operation by stop the feeding pump, stop dilution, and finally shut the decanter centrifuge down.
As the second to none drilling waste management solution provider and equipment manufacturer, GN Solids Control, although a completely private owned company, GN Solids Control is attracting more and more attentions from the China drilling giants, because of the newest and advanced solutions it provides.
Because the global warming issue and also the higher standards for protecting the fragile environment, more and more companies are forced to spend money and energy in the environmental issues. Therefore, to find a cost-effective solution and a reliable supplier is very important for the end users and every drilling company or and every service company. GN Solids Control and GN’s products are proved to be the suitable and best choice.
What does GN provide?
1. complete line of solids control systems, available capacities ranking from 250GPM to 3000GPM, equipments including shale shaker, desander, desilter, mud cleaner and solids control centrifuge, besides, there are pumps for feeding all those equipments. And also mud agitator, mud gun and jet mud mixer of all necessary capacities.
2. waste management system-for drilling cuttings, GN has different solutions for drilling waste cuttings treatment, including for WBM and OBM, and per different clients’ requests, GN could customize them per jobsite need. GN even have module equipments to layout as building blocks. Those equipments are vertical cuttings dryer, decanter centrifuge and high-G shale shaker. Also screw conveyors are needed in such systems.
3. waste management system- for drilling fluid, GN has dewatering unit and dewatering centrifuge with a high speed, it will finally treat the drilling fluid and even the smallest particles are separated from the fluids.
Besides those systems, GN also have solidification unit and TDU and etc. GN’s products are widely used in many industries not only limited in oil and gas drilling. GN’s clients are not only the giant drilling companies in domestic China, but also from more than 60 countries and regions all over the world.
Chemical dosing system, is also named as dewatering unit, it is a mixing & storage system used to enhancing chemicals, or acid, alkali to other system or materials to reach a certain purpose. It is widely used in drilling waste management system, waste oil recovery system, waste water treatment system, soil clarification system, and other liquid treatment applications. Below are some of the applications of the dosing chemicals:
1) The chemical dosing system can be used to mix and prepare flocculent or polymers to remove the fine solids from waste oil or waste water. Mostly, the chemical dosing system is used together with decanter centrifuge separator. The separation point of centrifuge is 2 ~ 5 microns. Particles smaller than 2～ 5 microns is out of the range of centrifuge separation. After using flocculent, the ultra-fine particles and be flocculated to bigger size for centrifuge remove.
2) The chemical dosing system can be used to mixing and it can automatically add acid or alkali to liquid to reach the suitable PH degree. Mostly, the waste liquid is not neutral. It is either acidic or alkaline. During treatment, people should to make it to be neutral to reduce its harm to the environment. Based on the liquid situation, acid or alkali will be add to the system to neutralize the PH degree.
3) The chemical dosing system can be used to stock demulsifier for oily sludge separation system. After dosing the demulsifier, the viscosity of the oily sludge can be reduced, then it can be suitable for mechanical separation, like high G shaker, vertical cuttings dryer or decanter centrifuge. Decanter centrifuge is one of the most common equipment used together with chemical dosing system. According to different treating capacity requirement and the separating result, there are different sizes and different speed decanter centrifuge for option from world famous brand GN Solids Control. The bowl size varies from 9 inch, 14 inch, 18 inch, 22 inch and 30 inch.