1. Make sure the belts are installed properly and tight before turn the decanter centrifuge on.
2. Use hands to rotate the drum to make sure the drum can move freely before turn the decanter centrifuge on.
3. Before turn on the decanter centrifuge on, turn on the feeding pump first.
4. Monitor the feeding rate of the drilling mud according decanter centrifuge's owner manual. Decanter centrifuge's RPM rate is need to reach to operation rate before processing the drilling mud.
5. Any unusual noises happen during the operation, it need to stop the operation right away.
6. Do not feeding the mud more than operation capacity to avoid the choke block.
7. The weighted and high viscosity drilling fluid needs low feeding speed and high dilution rate.
8. To ensure that you can stir in the entrance of centrifuge and the barite slurry return to the mud tank.
Shut-down the operation by stop the feeding pump, stop dilution, and finally shut the decanter centrifuge down.
As the second to none drilling waste management solution provider and equipment manufacturer, GN Solids Control, although a completely private owned company, GN Solids Control is attracting more and more attentions from the China drilling giants, because of the newest and advanced solutions it provides.
Because the global warming issue and also the higher standards for protecting the fragile environment, more and more companies are forced to spend money and energy in the environmental issues. Therefore, to find a cost-effective solution and a reliable supplier is very important for the end users and every drilling company or and every service company. GN Solids Control and GN’s products are proved to be the suitable and best choice.
What does GN provide?
1. complete line of solids control systems, available capacities ranking from 250GPM to 3000GPM, equipments including shale shaker, desander, desilter, mud cleaner and solids control centrifuge, besides, there are pumps for feeding all those equipments. And also mud agitator, mud gun and jet mud mixer of all necessary capacities.
2. waste management system-for drilling cuttings, GN has different solutions for drilling waste cuttings treatment, including for WBM and OBM, and per different clients’ requests, GN could customize them per jobsite need. GN even have module equipments to layout as building blocks. Those equipments are vertical cuttings dryer, decanter centrifuge and high-G shale shaker. Also screw conveyors are needed in such systems.
3. waste management system- for drilling fluid, GN has dewatering unit and dewatering centrifuge with a high speed, it will finally treat the drilling fluid and even the smallest particles are separated from the fluids.
Besides those systems, GN also have solidification unit and TDU and etc. GN’s products are widely used in many industries not only limited in oil and gas drilling. GN’s clients are not only the giant drilling companies in domestic China, but also from more than 60 countries and regions all over the world.
Recently, a client comes to GN with a headache problem in his jobsite. He has a tank holding drilling mud. They need to transfer the mud out. But as the limitation of his jobsite. There is no free space for pump. Any equipment can only be mounted in the tank top. There are some companies quoted him submersible slurry pump and centrifugal pump, but he did not satisfy.
Firstly, Submersible slurry pump can be mounted on the tank top, but there will be a big length out of the tank. The jobsite condition is not allowed. Regarding centrifugal pump, it is not self-suction pump type. He did not think there would be a good performance of centrifugal pump. Based on his jobsite condition, GN Solids Control recommends him a special kind of pump: cuttings transfer pump in drilling waste management system.
Why GN recommended the drilling cuttings transfer pump? It is normally used in the waste management system. Will there be a good performance with the cuttings transfer pump?
Firstly, cuttings transfer pump is normally be used to move drilling cuttings. It can allow big size solids. For drilling fluids transfer, it is surely no problem.
Secondly, drilling waste cuttings transfer pump is a kind of self-suction pump. The pump can be mounted on tank skid or tank top. It can meet the clients jobsite condition.
Thirdly, the vacuum cuttings transfer pump can allow solids content up to 50%. In condition the material is flowable, it can be transferred by the pump. It can suit for most kind of drilling waste materials. So it is absolutely no problem for the drilling fluids.
And then, the drilling waste vacuum transfer pump is with compact design. It only takes a small for footprint. It is flexible for jobsite layout. The client is only with a limited space on the tank top. So the cuttings transfer pump can meet his requirement.
Consider all these reasons, the client is satisfied with GN proposal and agreed with the drilling cuttings transfer pump for his tank system.