1. Make sure the belts are installed properly and tight before turn the decanter centrifuge on.
2. Use hands to rotate the drum to make sure the drum can move freely before turn the decanter centrifuge on.
3. Before turn on the decanter centrifuge on, turn on the feeding pump first.
4. Monitor the feeding rate of the drilling mud according decanter centrifuge's owner manual. Decanter centrifuge's RPM rate is need to reach to operation rate before processing the drilling mud.
5. Any unusual noises happen during the operation, it need to stop the operation right away.
6. Do not feeding the mud more than operation capacity to avoid the choke block.
7. The weighted and high viscosity drilling fluid needs low feeding speed and high dilution rate.
8. To ensure that you can stir in the entrance of centrifuge and the barite slurry return to the mud tank.
Shut-down the operation by stop the feeding pump, stop dilution, and finally shut the decanter centrifuge down.
As the second to none drilling waste management solution provider and equipment manufacturer, GN Solids Control, although a completely private owned company, GN Solids Control is attracting more and more attentions from the China drilling giants, because of the newest and advanced solutions it provides.
Because the global warming issue and also the higher standards for protecting the fragile environment, more and more companies are forced to spend money and energy in the environmental issues. Therefore, to find a cost-effective solution and a reliable supplier is very important for the end users and every drilling company or and every service company. GN Solids Control and GN’s products are proved to be the suitable and best choice.
What does GN provide?
1. complete line of solids control systems, available capacities ranking from 250GPM to 3000GPM, equipments including shale shaker, desander, desilter, mud cleaner and solids control centrifuge, besides, there are pumps for feeding all those equipments. And also mud agitator, mud gun and jet mud mixer of all necessary capacities.
2. waste management system-for drilling cuttings, GN has different solutions for drilling waste cuttings treatment, including for WBM and OBM, and per different clients’ requests, GN could customize them per jobsite need. GN even have module equipments to layout as building blocks. Those equipments are vertical cuttings dryer, decanter centrifuge and high-G shale shaker. Also screw conveyors are needed in such systems.
3. waste management system- for drilling fluid, GN has dewatering unit and dewatering centrifuge with a high speed, it will finally treat the drilling fluid and even the smallest particles are separated from the fluids.
Besides those systems, GN also have solidification unit and TDU and etc. GN’s products are widely used in many industries not only limited in oil and gas drilling. GN’s clients are not only the giant drilling companies in domestic China, but also from more than 60 countries and regions all over the world.
Dewatering decanter centrifuge, belt pressure filter is the 2 most normal equipment used for waste water treatment and sewage treatment. Below are some features of the 2treatment machines, to tell the different of them, and may help clients make decision.
Chemical consumption of Dewatering decanter centrifuge and belt pressure filter
Dewatering decanter centrifuge, as its centrifugal force is huge, it can remove ultra fine particles from sewage or waste water. The chemical enhancing rate is around 1.2kg/tds,the recovery rate of sewage is around 95%. Water content in the mud cake after dewatering is 65％～80％.
Belt pressure filter in order to improve treating capacity, the filter belt cannot be too much fine. To prevent ultra fine slurry passing the filter belt, more flocculent should be enhanced to get bigger size floc. The chemical enhancing rate is around 3kg/tds, the recovery rate of sewage is around 95%. water content in the mud cake after dewatering is around 80％.
Compared with belt pressure filter, Decanter centrifuge utilize less chemicals. And in some applications, dewater centrifuge can get a good separation performance without adding in any chemicals. Belt pressure filter has to add chemicals for all materials.
Electric consumption and water consumption of Dewatering decanter centrifuge and belt pressure filter
Dewatering centrifuge has a higher electric consumption compared with pressure belt filter. But dewatering centrifuge does not need water for flushing during running. It only need to flush the inside bowl and propeller before stop running. Dewater centrifuge does not need much water for flush. Pressure belt filter should flush the whole filter belt for many times. The water for flush will come back to the system for recycling. It increases the handling load of the system.
Man power cost of dewatering centrifuge and pressure belt filter
Dewatering centrifuge is easy for operation. Especially from some leading suppliers, like GN Solids Control, there are PLC smart control for dewatering centrifuge. 1 operator can control 2 ~ 3 sets dewater centrifuge at the same time.
Pressure belt filter is complex for operation. It requests 1~2 operators for 1~2 pressure belt filter.
Based on above features, and the cost of each machine, clients can choose the suitable separation machine per his jobsite condition.