1. Make sure the belts are installed properly and tight before turn the decanter centrifuge on.
2. Use hands to rotate the drum to make sure the drum can move freely before turn the decanter centrifuge on.
3. Before turn on the decanter centrifuge on, turn on the feeding pump first.
4. Monitor the feeding rate of the drilling mud according decanter centrifuge's owner manual. Decanter centrifuge's RPM rate is need to reach to operation rate before processing the drilling mud.
5. Any unusual noises happen during the operation, it need to stop the operation right away.
6. Do not feeding the mud more than operation capacity to avoid the choke block.
7. The weighted and high viscosity drilling fluid needs low feeding speed and high dilution rate.
8. To ensure that you can stir in the entrance of centrifuge and the barite slurry return to the mud tank.
Shut-down the operation by stop the feeding pump, stop dilution, and finally shut the decanter centrifuge down.
As the second to none drilling waste management solution provider and equipment manufacturer, GN Solids Control, although a completely private owned company, GN Solids Control is attracting more and more attentions from the China drilling giants, because of the newest and advanced solutions it provides.
Because the global warming issue and also the higher standards for protecting the fragile environment, more and more companies are forced to spend money and energy in the environmental issues. Therefore, to find a cost-effective solution and a reliable supplier is very important for the end users and every drilling company or and every service company. GN Solids Control and GN’s products are proved to be the suitable and best choice.
What does GN provide?
1. complete line of solids control systems, available capacities ranking from 250GPM to 3000GPM, equipments including shale shaker, desander, desilter, mud cleaner and solids control centrifuge, besides, there are pumps for feeding all those equipments. And also mud agitator, mud gun and jet mud mixer of all necessary capacities.
2. waste management system-for drilling cuttings, GN has different solutions for drilling waste cuttings treatment, including for WBM and OBM, and per different clients’ requests, GN could customize them per jobsite need. GN even have module equipments to layout as building blocks. Those equipments are vertical cuttings dryer, decanter centrifuge and high-G shale shaker. Also screw conveyors are needed in such systems.
3. waste management system- for drilling fluid, GN has dewatering unit and dewatering centrifuge with a high speed, it will finally treat the drilling fluid and even the smallest particles are separated from the fluids.
Besides those systems, GN also have solidification unit and TDU and etc. GN’s products are widely used in many industries not only limited in oil and gas drilling. GN’s clients are not only the giant drilling companies in domestic China, but also from more than 60 countries and regions all over the world.
Zero discharge mud system becomes more and more necessary for rig site. As the chemicals, heavy oil, and other kind of waste oil inside the drilling waste is hazardous to the environment. If the drilling waste has been discharged to the environment, the pollution cannot be recovered in short time or even for a very long time. Like in China and many countries, the governments have strict rules to control the drilling waste. Any oily waste or drilling waste cannot be on the ground. Unlike previous years, waste pit or mud pit is prohibited. GN Solids Control is a specialist for mud solids control and drilling waste management systems. GN specially designed zero discharge mud system is the ideal solution of drilling rig companies.
Recently, GN Solids Control will dispatch a complete set Zero discharge mud system for a rig fabrication company. Unlike normal drilling mud solids control system, the Zero discharge mud system is composed of a waste management system to recovery the drilling cuttings from the solids control shale shaker, desander and desilter. As the end user country accept Oil on cuttings (OOC) less than 5% for discharge. It is relative easy to reach.
Firstly, a set of vertical cuttings dryer is equipped for the 1500hp oil rigs. Why choose VG dryer rather than High G dryer? The reason is that, HG dryer is mainly used to treat the water based mud. It is not good at oil base mud. During drilling, in the first stage, they will use water base mud. When drill to a deep depth, they should change to oil base mud. GN patent design vertical cuttings dryer can be used for oil based mud, as well as water based mud. The rig site people do not need to change equipment when they change water base mud to oil base mud.
The cuttings after VG dryer is with OOC less than 5%. And it is dry enough for movement or discharge. The liquids recovered from VG dryer should be weighted for drilling. It should be treated by decanter centrifuge.
And then there is a high speed decanter centrifuge after the VG dryer to reduce the mud weight recovered from VG dryer. After remove some of the fine solids, the liquid mud can be back to rig mud system for drilling activities.